Sofia Peacock lovingly creates for the individual. She invites those seeking something out of the ordinary- for a piece of jewellery that cannot be found on the shelves on the retailer's shelf. Each piece that she creates is unique. Her intention is to create a thing of great beauty that uplifts, brings joy and connects the wearer to their own inner beauty and innate regality. Offering personalised, friendly and professional service, Sofia has worked as a specialist designer for over 30 years. A recipient of various design and business awards including a National De Beers Diamond Award, Sofia Peacock has been recognised as one of Australia's top jewellery designers.
The Design Process 1. Initial consultation. A relaxed 'getting-to-know-you' where Sofia determines what your desires, tastes and style. Applying her intuitive skills with her finely-honed design expertise, she will draw up a preliminary design concept and discuss price options. Sofia is able to work with most budgets.
2. Sofia will develop and refine the design. She will also source the relevant material including diamonds. coloured gemstones, pearls as required with no obligation to purchase.
3. A second meeting. The design, gems and an estimate of costs will be provided. Sofia will carefully go over the nuances of the design with you and answers any questions. A standard 50% deposit is then payable to proceed to the next step.
4. A CAD render will be created to provide you with accurate three-dimensional computerised drawing from three different perspectives. Further feedback is invited and she can make any small changes to the design if required. A preliminary wax model will be printed and carefully inspected by Sofia. Once she is totally satisfied that the design is exactly as she has envisaged, the actual piece is then created in gold.
5. A copy of the final design is presented in person or by email. The client gives approval by signing off so that manufacture can begin.
6. Manufacturing involves at least four steps. First, a preliminary wax model is created. Sofia will check every fine detail so as to ensure the piece is exactly as envisioned. Next, the main components of the design will created via the CAD process and cast in gold. Some components and settings for stones are often hand-made. The entire piece is hand-assembled. The stones are set by a specialist gem-setter, followed by a final polish. (On ocassion Sofia may request a fitting of the piece prior to completion to check that sizing is correct.)
7. Completion time varies according to the degree of difficulty and number of stones to be set, but generally a bespoke jewel takes just 4-6 weeks for the 'dream' to become a sparkling reality!
Enquiries Sofia invites your enquiry and is happy to answer all your questions and provide professional opinions free of charge. Using her stones or yours, it would be Sofia's delight to share her gift of jewellery design with you!